Requirements for Quoting Review
All materials published on TeaReview.com (including but not limited to reviews, ratings, tasting reports, articles, scoring medallions, and Top 30 medallions) are protected by copyright, and owned or controlled by The Coffee Review, LLC. Tea Review content is intended for personal, non-commercial use. The commercial use of Tea Review content by others is prohibited.
Promotional Use of Reviews
Tea Review generally permits tea companies to quote from or cite their own reviews for informational and promotional purposes. However, keep in mind, the primary purpose of displaying Tea Review content and medallions should be to provide accurate, up-to-date, objective third-party information to assist consumers with their immediate purchasing decisions.
Tea companies must adhere to the following common-sense requirements for quoting or citing reviews and displaying medallions:
- Reviews, ratings, and medallions must not be altered.
- Reviews should not be selectively quoted in such a way as to change the accuracy or spirit of a review.
- Companies must display the entire “blind assessment” or “bottom line” section rather than any single phrase or part. An ellipsis (i.e. “…”) should be used to indicate an intentional omission of content.
- Companies must provide a link from citations on their website to the associated detailed review page on TeaReview.com so readers can conveniently access a complete review.
- All quotes or citations must include the date of a review because older reviews may no longer accurately reflect current versions of the same tea.
- Quotes, citations, or scores of teas reviewed over a year in the past should not be applied to current versions of the same tea or blend. Tea is a seasonal beverage.
- If roasters wish to cite reviews or scores that are more than 12 months old, they must explicitly state that the review and score are for a previous version of the same tea.
- Reviews that are more than two years old are not considered up-to-date nor accurate and may not be used to directly merchandise a current version of the same tea. We encourage companies to resubmit the latest version of a regularly offered tea for fresh review. Reduced fees may apply to commissioning a fresh review of a tea that was reviewed in the past two years.
- Attribute quotes Tea Review. Include the month and year in which a review was published (for example: “Tea Review, November, 2019.”)
- Please do not apply ratings or reviews to other, similar but not identical teas you offer for sale.
Promotional Use of Tea Review Medallions
Tea Review generally permits tea companies to display Tea Review scoring medallions for their teas. Companies must adhere to the following requirements for displaying medallions:
- Tea Review scoring medallions may be displayed in association with the current version of a reviewed tea.
- Medallions that are more than two years old are not considered up-to-date nor accurate and should not be used to directly merchandise a current version of the same tea. We encourage tea companies to resubmit the latest version of a regularly offered tea for fresh review and an updated medallion. Reduced fees may apply to commissioning a fresh review of a tea of the same name that was reviewed in the past two years.
- Tea Review medallions may be applied as stickers to retail bags of tea. However, stickers referencing teas that were reviewed over a year in the past should not be applied to current versions of the same tea.
- Tea Review scoring medallions may not be altered. This includes the indication of the year the medallion was earned.
- Companies may not create original medallions or artwork that contain the Tea Review name, logo, medallions, or rankings.
- Companies are not permitted to display Tea Review’s company logo without written permission
If a tea company wishes to receive a digital version of a Tea Review scoring medallion, please email [email protected].